Monday, March 5, 2012


Dear family and friends,
I don't have much time, unfortunately, but I do have some things to share. :)

First, I read a talk given by President Hinckley this week that I absolutely love.  It's called "Find the Lambs, Feed the Sheep."  You should read it--it's very inspiring.

Second, one of our awesome investigators had her baptismal interview on Saturday and passed and we went to a chinese restaurant to celebrate.  After lunch I opened my fortune cookie, and what did I read?  "The one waiting for you when you get home will be your friend for life."  Hmmm...Hahahahaha.  I'm not sure who will still be waiting around for me when I get home besides you, my family, but isn't that funny?  I kept the mini paper.

Third, we are preparing the program for this investigator's baptism for this Saturday and we watched "Special Witnesses of Christ" to see if it would be a good addition for the important event.  IT'S INCREDIBLE.  Have you ever watched the dvd?  I'm telling you, the testimonies of the apostles and prophets are so powerful.  You should watch the video one of these days.  

Fourth, in Sunday School and Relief Society this week the subject was the priesthood.  Man.  It was great.  Chapter 5 in the Teachings of George Albert Smith book is so wonderful!  We are so blessed to have the authority of God on the earth within His one church.  We are so blessed to have a living prophet.  We are so blessed to have the knowledge of our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and Their plan.  It is hard for me to think about the many people who don't know these truths and struggle more for the lack of knowing.  It's even harder to think about those who know and reject it.  Who are approached with it and choose to walk away.  I know that we all have to make the choice to accept or reject the Gospel of Christ, but it still makes me sad that so many choose to reject it.  Our lives are so much easier to handle with faith, repentance, baptism, and the Holy Ghost!  I am so thankful that I know.

Thanks for the pictures, Mom!  I love seeing my li'l brother in action!  Christie--why did you go whale watching?  Where did you go whale watching?  When did you take a vacation?  I pray for my beloved family every night.  Sarah and Dust are gearing up for HI?  Oh, what's their address, again?  And Sean's address?
Man, I wish I had more time. 

 OH!  We went to the Equestrian Center at Cornell today to surprise Sister Hale for her birthday!!  It was AWESOME!!  I would like to tell you more, but alas, the day runs from me. :)  I took pictures, and hopefully I can let you know more next week.

I LOVE YOU!
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment