There have been some great times over the past week! One was finding a bug crawling through my
hair as Sacrament Meeting began and having to flick it out. That was fun.
Another was in Gospel Principles, the member who taught the class
totally showed us that equation in the subject line and went on about the
BLESSING of Adam and Eve choosing to eat the forbidden fruit. Another was meeting a really cool man from
Puerto Rico who has been taught by missionaries a LOT before, and is open to us
coming back to answer his questions that he has for basically every set of
missionaries who come through. Another
is getting a Philippina companion!! Who
is so sweet and soft spoken and faithful!
Oh man, I love her. Another was
watching the Restoration dvd with our favorite 17 year old and making FAJITAS
for the first time! (Yes, you read
correctly, I made fajitas). Another was
playing with little baby chihuahuas and eating Lebanese food. Another was delving into yard work and
helping a woman take control of her weeds.
Another was testifying of the Book of Mormon to people we had never met
who were grieving. Another was
testifying of the Restoration of Christ's Church to a group of people belonging
to different Christian denominations with the primary speaker within this group
being extremely religiously educated and quick-speaking. Another was me driving through an extremely
heavy rainstorm without having driven for a month and a half. Another was helping Burmese people study and
prepare for their American Citizenship exams.
Another was driving to Syracuse with an outbound sister who served with
my hero, Sister Takapu. Oh yes, many
good things.
So I just skimmed the surface, but I feel like that is a
pretty good overview of what my week was like.
It was very full, very fulfilling, challenging, enlightening,
strengthening...Just a week in the life of a NYUM missionary. :) It's been pretty strange to "take
over" this area with Sister Castaneda (the "n" has one of those
spanish squigglies over it, called "enyeh" according to Sis
Castaneda, but I don't see how to insert the correct letter in this email,
sorry. Anyway, so you pronounce her name
Cah-stah-nyay-dah). I don't think it hit
me really until Sunday when Sis Castaneda needed to be introduced to everyone. She hasn't been to a regular ward for over a
year! She's been in Temple Square, and
all of the sisters there go to Sacrament Meeting together and the Guest
Services men bless and pass the sacrament, and there aren't any other church
meetings, so this is quite different for her in just THAT aspect. I've been learning a lot about what it's like
to be a sister missionary in the Temple Square mission. It's pretty exciting!
Man, I'm sorry, I just don't know what else to say! We're emailing in the Mission Office on
account of it's being Labor Day...Um...Thanks for the box!! It was great to get it! I can't believe I'm past my halfway
mark. Sigh. I'm pretty sure we just drove to Provo this
morning. Didn't we? This time is so great, and I'm so thankful
for it! I'm sad to be away from Sis
Horne, but I know, once again, that Heavenly Father knows exactly what I need,
what Sis Horne needs, what Sis Castaneda needs, what this area needs. And we move onward and upward! Oh, more good news--I got a letter from
Sister Kamille Shoell--she still lives in Winnepeg. :)
I love you so much!
Keep on keeping on, my lovies!
Life is great!
No comments:
Post a Comment